- Fast Freddie Spencer - 1985 250cc & 500cc GP World Champion
- Kevin Schwantz - 1993 500cc GP World Champion
- Graeme Crosby - 1982 500cc GP 2nd Place in championship
- Steve Parish - 1977 500cc GP 5th in Championship
- Jeremy McWilliams - 2001 250cc GP 6th in Championship
- Kevin Magee - 1988-89 500cc GP 5th Both Years
- Chris Vermeulan - 2003 World Supersport World Champion
- Maria Costello - Fastest Women at the Isle of man until 2009
Yes sirree it was a good day of classic bike racing with some mega stars. For those that don't know what the Barry Sheene FoS is about here's a quick run down. It is run by the Post Classic Racing association of NSW and the racing consists of the following classic race classes.
Period 1 - VETERAN (up to 31st December 1919)
Period 2 - VINTAGE (1st January 1920 – 31st December 1945)
Period 3 - CLASSIC (1st January 1946 – 31st December 1962)
Period 4 - POST CLASSIC (1st January 1963 – 31st December 1972)
Period 5 - FORGOTTEN ERA (1st January 1973 – 31st December 1982)
Period 6 - NEW ERA (1st January 1983 – 31st December 1990)
Legends - Where the legends on Grand Prix cut a few laps.
Some of our good friends here at the Road to Nowhere were racing at today's event and some went better than others, some engines were still running at the end of the event and others were not, bad luck Dr Kwok
you missed out on that trophy.
Anyway here are some photo's I took at today's event. I will be back next year as I had a blast. I even got to do some pit crewing for Stu on his AMA spec GSXR 750. Both Stu and Rick got their bikes signed by Kevin Schwantz on the Saturday. and I got to meet him on Sunday and get him to sign my t shirt and poster, yeah total fan boy moment.
|Stu's signed bike by Kevin Schwantz|
|Wayne Rainey Replica|
|Ricks's bike signed by Kevin Schwantz|
They have a race where just the legends get out on the bikes. Schwantz was riding the RGV500 around looked like classic schwantz with his lanky legs sticking out.
|Kevin Schwantz - Racing Legend|
|Slomax in action|
|Stu's tyre after the last race|
|K is for kewl|
|Maria Costello's bike|