So finally the rains had stopped nad I managed to get the bike out for a ride on these new tyres. I always check my tyre pressures before every ride, however I didn't check today as I checked them 2 weeks ago, seriously how much could they lose in 2 weeks.
Immediate as I pulled out of my driveway and into the round about 30m away I felt that the tyres were absolutely horrible, in only 2 bends. WTF?
I got to Geoff's and immediately asked for a tyre gauge, front was down 6 psi, back was down 5 psi. In only 2 weeks, wow. Maybe this is something tubed tyres do perhaps? As my tubeless tyres on my R1 would last months before losing this much pressure.
Now pumped up to the correct pressure we headed off. I noticed that they were better but not that much and there was something seriously wrong with how the bike was now handling on the front tyre.
We rode out on only a short ride to Nattai and viewing the Warragamba Catchment area. In 50kms I had recognised that this tyre was shite, the 50km return confirmed my initial thoughts.
My issues with the front tyre:
- Wanders around the road
- Unstable at highway speed, easily starts into weaving/wobbling.
- Turn in on slow speed bends is unstable.
- Noisy at any speed above 40km/h
- Due to knob size and height i believe on the tar this tyre is completely useless and a little on the dangerous side as it rolls around on the tall knobs.
- Unstable under brakes into a corner on any lean angle.
- Doesn't want to change direction easily
- Falls into bends and you actually have to counter steer out of the bend to straighten the bike mid corner.