That may not sound like much but let me give you a few facts.
- It is a race
- It is over 4345km
- It is through grizzly bear country
- It's on a push bike
- It is total self supported(no support or race crews)
- The first couple of days was in bitterly cold conditions with snow
- The sunburn even with cream
- Over 61,000 meters of climbing
- His bike doesn't have an engine(the crazy mofo)
- There were bears - a New Zealand women had to fight one off.
- Scorching heat in New Mexico in the high thirties
- There were 156 starters but 47 have pulled out at a 30% attrition rate
- He finished it in 20 days and 3 hours and 29 minutes
Mate we are so proud of you here and you have achieved one of your long life time dreams, ticked that fucker off your bucket list. What next?
|The extent of the tourture|